Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old Ladies: Not as Sweet as You Might Think

I went to the walk-in clinic last Friday. After about a week, my sinuses were finally bothering me enough to go see a doctor.

You know who is at the doctor's office at noon on a Friday?

Old people. Lots of them.

I ended up being there about 3 hours total. I had been in the waiting room over an hour before they even took my information.

At least they had good magazines.

The TV in the waiting room was showing the Olympic Women's Doubles Badminton gold medal game. It was the Chinese vs. the Koreans.

When the Chinese won, the little old lady in the corner blurted out her disapproval.

"Awww shit!"

Maybe she was getting sick of seeing China win all those medals. Maybe she had some money on the Koreans. I don't know. But apparently, she felt strongly enough about the outcome of the match to let the room know of her disapproval.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an old lady go out of her way to kick my foot on the bus the other day. She deliberately scooted forward, kicked me, scooted back quickly and looked away as though nothing had happened.

Since I wasn't even standing near her, I can only assume she was flirting.

Joel said...

Two words: Nasal Irrigation. I'm a skeptic turned evangelist. Helps the running.