Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Don't Think They're Bike Path Regulars...

I got my "Long Run Sunday" in on Sunday morning.

I ran over to the bike path. There was a... um... bigger... family there on bikes.

I was running 10 minute miles... and keeping pace with them.

They were stopping every 1/4 mile to look at birds and stuff (and because the mother was out of breath).

For some reason, this was hilarious to me.

Fat Lady on Bike (pulled over): What kind of bird is that?! You don't get birds like that around here!

Me (without breaking stride): I'm pretty sure that's a Great Blue Heron.


It's there all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, applaud their initiative in actually getting out of the house and doing something physical. It's not easy, especially if you're fighting against years of being inert.

Jen said...

I, for another, wonder where these anonymous posters come from. Are they searching for blogs that contain certain phrases?