Thursday, October 22, 2009

Adventures in Grocery Shopping


I first noticed her in the parking log. She was wearing acid washed jeans. And staggering a bit as she walked.

She was probably in her early to mid-40s, but looked much older than that. I'm guessing she was the original owner of those jeans. Both she and those jeans had seen a lot of miles together.

She siddled up to me in the meat section. I don't know if she just had a different definition of "personal space" than the rest of us or if I was just in her way. I had been sick so I couldn't really be sure, but I thought I could smell alcohol.

She eventually found what she was looking for. She then proceeded to put her items in my cart and walk off with it.

Whoa.

...and this is why they don't bother stocking good produce at my Stop and Shop. If the average customer can't find their own cart, they're sure as hell not going to be able to tell the difference between a good pepper and a lousy one.

No comments: