Thursday, August 13, 2009

I swear this conversation actually happened...

"So what do you get for gas mileage in that thing?"

"My Fit? 35 - 36. A little bit better than advertised."

I point to his Vette.

"What do you get for mileage in that thing?"

"Low 20s in the city. Maybe 28 on the highway."

"What's your 0 - 60?"

"Don't know... Under 5."

"Yeah, I'm almost twice that."

"They got a Chevy coming out gonna get 250 miles per gallon."

"Yeah, but it ain't out yet."

"I'm a gonna have them make my Hummer a hybrid."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Dealer says he can do it for $15 thousand."

"You're going to spend $15 grand to retro-fit a Hummer as a hybrid?"

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"

"Wouldn't that money be better spent on a new car that got better mileage? Or, you know, gas?"

"Yeah, but this one is a collectible, Man. They don't make them anymore."

"OK."

He was late 30s. A war veteran according to his plates. And apparently had eff you money.

He was of mixed ethnicity. Maybe half Asian, half Hispanic.

And all Ro Dilunduh.

No comments: