Thursday, December 04, 2008

Portal Sync

On Saturday we had our new front door installed at the Canole Homestead. It's pretty awesome.

If I had known how much quieter and warmer the new door would make the living room, I would have pushed to get this project done a lot sooner. Between the more modern materials, better insulation and losing the mail slot, the drafts are waaaay down. Apparently, there was NO insulation around our old door.


(photo by J. Canole)

And it only takes one hand to close it! You used to have to lean on the old door with all your weight and flip the deadbolt to get it to close.

Somebody already took the old door away. I propped it up against the tree in the front yard and it was gone later that afternoon. I hope whoever grabbed it had some help, because that thing was heavy. I don't really have the time or the means to refurb it, but I hope it finds a good home.

Up next on the home improvement project list: the gross area around the rear door.

4 comments:

Joel said...

So did you do this yourself or did you call in reinforcements?

Patrick said...

Oh no... That's a little bit beyond my range. We called in a professional.

Jen said...

That's not entirely true. I did stain and seal it. We just had someone else make a big hole in the front of our house.

Unknown said...

The babe... is getting... so big.
(!)