Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Grandma would have wanted me to be able to watch the Red Sox on her giant television...

We got a new TV last weekend.  I felt a little guilty asking to take Grandma's stuff so soon after she died, but the TV is a nice Sony that's barely a year old.  And if you don't ask, the answer is "no".  Besides, none of the other grandchildren would have enjoyed it as much as I will.

It's 32 inches.  It looks really big in our living room (I prefer to think the room is too small for the TV, rather than the TV being too big for the room...  There's NOTHING WRONG WITH THE TV!)  It actually takes up a little less floor space than the old TV because the stand fits better in the corner.

It's great because I'm enjoying the newness of having a new toy, without the guilt of having spent the money on something I didn't really need.  This should last me at least another 5 years or so (or until plasma TVs are under $1000).

So far, the "World Series of Poker" looks great...

No comments: