Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Rest Stops

We spent 10 hours in the car on Monday driving back from our Buffalo and Allegany State Park adventures. We had to make several stops along the way.

Rest stops fascinate me. I love the people watching. Where are all these people going? Where are they coming from? Does that woman know she shouldn't be wearing orange pants with an ass that big?

It's also interesting when you start to see the same people over and over again at rest stops. We seemed to be on the same bladder schedule as a few other groups.

And the people that work at these places... Where do they come from? Do they have to pay the tolls to get to work?

Some of these places are in the middle of nowhere (especially along the New York State Thruway). Are these people driving thirty miles to work at Burger King?

I used to work at Burger King when I was in high school. I was the one they'd send on errands when they ran out of things. Luckily, there was another BK about 8 miles up the road. Does one of these poor teenagers have to drive 50 or 60 miles when they run out of pickles?

I worry about these things.

No comments: