Saturday, June 12, 2004

Death

I worry about death. A lot.

I worry about just about everything. But death really scares me.

I don't want to die young. There's still so many things I want to accomplish in my life.

I also worry about those close to me. I cherish my friends and family. I tend to get very attached to people.

So it's odd that I'm so fascinated by "Six Feet Under". I can't get enough of this show.

Someone dies at the beginning of each episode (usually under ironic or tragic circumstances). It's kinda fun to play "which character is going to die?" in the opening scene.

The writing is fantastic. They do a great job of weaving together the sadness and comedy of life.

The cast is outstanding. All of the major players thoroughly inhabit their characters. There are no weak spots in the cast (unlike "The Sopranos"). And Richard Jenkins is on the show occasionally. Which is a good thing.

Even the advertising for the show is good.

The new season starts this Sunday...

No comments: