Monday, April 19, 2004

No Sugar Week (Part 1)

Candy. Cookies. Baked goods. These are my weaknesses. I’m ashamed to admit the percentage of my caloric intake that comes from sugary foods.

So I figured I’d try to go a week without just to see if I could do it. I still ate fruit (none of that Atkins crap for me... fiber is very important), but I'm going to try to go at least be a little smarter about what I eat and avoid processed sugar wherever possible. No soda. No cookies. No granola bars. No chocolate.

I will use my weight as a measuring stick... I’m not one of those people obsessed with what they weigh, but for our purposes here, it will serve as a measuring stick.

I wrote down everything I ate (I’m not going to repeat it all here... It gets very boring and repetitive...), but I also figured, if I’m going to suffer, I should at least get a few blog entries out of the process.


Day 1

171 pounds (I’m waaay down from where I’d like to be… I’ve lost a lot of muscle this winter).

I have raisin bran and orange juice for breakfast (which is a good amount of sugar right there, but I figure the fiber takes some of curse out of it).

I had a headache all afternoon. I miss my snacks.


Day 2

170 pounds.

I'm doing better this morning. Until somebody brings in donuts to work. Then my mouth starts watering thinking about donuts. I've got to stop thinking about donuts.

(I end up making it through the morning and not eating a donut).

I also discover Caffeine Free Diet Coke. There’s really not much left to Coke once you take out all the sugar and caffeine.


(stay tuned for Part 2...)

No comments: