Friday, October 12, 2007

At the Car Wash

I had a near death experience a few weeks back. It was 10:00 AM on a Saturday morning. I was inside a gas station when a car hit the building.

If I had walked out the door 30 seconds earlier, I would have been crushed.


This gas station has a car wash behind it. It's one of those ones where you put the car in neutral and the car wash pulls you through.

An old guy coming out of the car wash must have jammed it into gear with his foot on the gas instead of the break. He came flying up the side and scraped the side of the building. Even though he didn't hit it directly, it was still surprisingly loud. He came to a stop with his car pointing down the hill.


I was somewhat shaken up.

I gave Jen a big hug when I got home.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

In other news, it may be time for a new camera phone...

Joel said...

Really glad you're okay. I had a bad experience when I used to coach rowing. It was dusk and we were headed back to the boathouse. A barge was coming the other direction but we couldn't see it. They run quiet and the running lights blend in with the street lights on the shoreline. In this case it wasn't my death that nearly happened, it was my crew (of which Leanna was one).

It still gives me nightmares and is a leading reason for why I won't coach rowing again. I went to my parent's house and hugged my Mom.