Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Late one night on Yawkey Way...

Theo: (in between tokes) Guys... How about we put together a $160 million team... with... No closer!

Jed: Dude!

Ben: No way!

Theo: (inhales again, passes to Jed) I'm totally serious. We'll put a great lineup together... With one of the best starting rotations in the league... And just ignore the bullpen entirely.

Jed: Whoa... (takes a big hit). That's fucked up.

Ben: What will we tell people our plan is?

Theo: I don't know... We'll just make it up as we go.

Ben: How 'bout we say "We expect Pineiro or Tavarez to win the closer's job in spring training"?

Theo: Sure. That could work. (cough cough)

Jed: Man, this must be some good shit. I could have sworn I just heard you say Tavarez could be the closer.

Theo: I did.

Jed: You just blew my mind.

No comments: