Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dear Mr. Lucchino,

I didn't see anything listed in the "open positions" section of your company's website, but I did hear on the radio this morning that you had a vacancy in the General Manager spot.

Like the departed Theo Epstein, I am a local boy who grew watching the Red Sox and hating the Yankees. Unlike Mr. Epstein, I would have no problem deferring to your judgment on major decisions. And I would gladly work for the low low price of $300,000 a year.

I feel I would bring an exciting new energy to the office. I'm a big supporter of statistical analysis. I'm good with computers. I've also read "Moneyball".

While I have no high school or college level baseball experience, I am an avid whiffle ball enthusiast.

I made it to Pawtucket twice last year, so I'm familiar with the up and coming minor league players.

Finally, I would also like to add that I came in second place in my fantasy baseball league last season.

Please contact me if you require any additional information. References available on request.

Very truly yours,

Patrick J. Canole

No comments: