Monday, May 16, 2005

The Acura is having some MAJOR work done.

I brought it in to get the transmission checked out. I haven't had any problems, but I've gotten three recall notices in the mail about getting the transmission (possible lock up at high speeds... THAT would suck...(Granted, there's been "only one confirmed instance of a transmission failure related to this defect", but still...)).

But this is big. I've got a whole bunch of other maintenance going on while it's in the shop (but they couldn't fix that damn dent in the hood...)

I really shouldn't complain. I haven't had to put much money into it. I've only had to pay for regular maintenance and a new set of tires done over the last 5 years (Well, that and car payments).

I don't have to pay for the transmission. It's covered under the recall. But there's still a good chunk of change going into it. And it's not like I had anything else expensive going on this month.

Another $55 to replace the air filter? No thanks. I can do that myself for $6.

I'm definitely keeping it until 200,000 miles now.

1 comment:

CraniumBoy said...

Having a car can be seriously draining. Especially if you're like me and have a somewhat older car, and occasionally things go wrong with it. I don't drive a lot these days - pretty much everything I need to do is T accessible, or (even better) walkable, so my car sort of sits, which isn't necessarily any better for it. So I'm empathetic.

But I still can't give it up.