Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Pat's Beard

I haven't shaved since November 30th. A week in Buffalo at Christmas time looms on the horizon. This is the story of my beard...


Day 6 - Still fascinated by my own face. I spend more time in front of the mirror. I pause and stroke my chin when answering questions.

Day 7 - First off-color comment at work.

Day 10 - I see two friends I haven't seen in a while. Neither of them make a comment.

Day 11 - I get carded at the liquor store. Apparently, you should be able to grow a better beard if you're 21. At this point, it's just getting longer. It doesn't seem to be filling in on the sides.

Day 12 - I see a friend who I haven't seen in a while. She comments about it, then reaches out and gives a tug. I am flattered.

Day 14 - Horribly itchy. For the first time, I seriously contemplate shaving. We're starting to see a little curling action, but still no thickening.

Day 16 - Most recent photo.


I can't tell if the lack of comments is because people can't see it from 4 feet away, or if they feel bad about me not being able to grow a better beard.

Watch this space for more beard news...

No comments: