Tuesday, October 21, 2003

October 21, 2003

Michelin North America
Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 19001
Greenville, SC 29602-9001

Dear Michelin:

Please find enclosed a photo of a three-month-old Michelin MXV4 Plus tire that blew out on me on the highway. I was traveling at approximately 65 miles per hour in my 2000 Acura 3.2 TL at the time of the incident. The tire had been on my car for just over four thousand (4000) miles.

While my retailer was very helpful about replacing the tire, I am extremely concerned about the safety of the other three Michelin tires on my car (all of which were purchased at the same time as the damaged tire).

Please let me know whether I should expect the other tires on my vehicle to explode in a similar fashion during the course of normal operation.

Very truly yours,

Patrick J. Canole

cc: Acura Client Services



http://members.cox.net/pcanole75/tire.jpg

No comments: