Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Day
 
First, let me start off by saying we've had a very positive daycare experience.

Phone rings.  It's daycare.  Daycare never calls just to say "hi".

"Hello, Mr. Canole?"

"Yes."

"This is the school nurse from daycare."

"Is everything OK?"

"Yes.  There's just a red spot on your son's arm that we're a little worried about."

"That's a mosquito bite.  We were out in the yard on Sunday and I smacked one off his arm."

"Well, I think it's ringworm."

"What?!"

"He'll have to get a note from the doctor."

"I'm pretty sure it's a mosquito bite."

"It's raised and very red."

"He's probably been scratching it."

"Well, either way, we'd like you to take him to the doctor."

"For a mosquito bite?"

"Well, I think it's ringworm."

"And if it's not?"

"Well, he'll have to get a note from the doctor."

"For a mosquito bite?"

"Yes."



And you know what it turned out to be?

(wait for it)...

A mosquito bite.

I understand wanting to be overly cautious.  But I just left work for the day and took my son to the doctor for...  a mosquito bite.

No comments: