Friday, March 25, 2011

Thursday at the Gym


Characters ME (running on a treadmill, because it's too cold to go outside) and Old Guy, late 60s, on the treadmill at 2.0 MPH, who we'll call FRANKIE.


FRANKIE: They took my hip out.  I don't move so good these days.  Look at you!  You're doin' good.

ME: But you're still moving.  That's the important thing.

FRANKIE:  I can swim.  But that's about it these days.

ME:  Swimming is great for you.  I should be doing that more.

FRANKIE:  I used to run like you.  But not no more.  I run da Boston race there.

ME:  That's great!

FRANKIE:  I used to play basketball.

ME:  That's always how I end up hurting myself.

FRANKIE:  We were playing against some college kids from BC a while back.  Me and some guy.  And we beat them!  He says to me 'You're pretty good for your age.'  I tells him, 'Fuck you, I'm good for any age!  I just beat your ass!'



(FRANKIE then cracks himself up laughing and has a coughing fit.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Frankie is my new hero.

Patrick said...

Yeah, he was pretty awesome.