Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ummm... Huh?

There's a bar in Pawtucket that turns into a huge Oakland Raider fan hangout on Sundays. There was even some kind of Raider helmet eating a Chargers flag outside on the door.

I usually have no reason to go out on Sundays, so I never would have caught this. But since the Patriots were already done for the week, I was out running a few errands. I didn't actually go into the bar (it being The Bucket and all), I just parked at the bank across the street and hit the ATM.

There were big groups of people in Raiders gear streaming in. And packs of them sitting outside smoking in threes.

What the hell?

Are there other 4 - 12 teams out there that inspire adults to dress up for games at the complete opposite ends of the country?

Are there that many Oakland transplants out here who just HAVE to follow their team every week?

Maybe we could open up an Arizona Cardinals bar.

No comments: