Friday, May 04, 2007

TiVo, How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...

We've had TiVo for about six months now. I love it. It really does change the way you watch TV.

The beauty of TiVo can be broken down into four parts:

A) Pausing during live sporting events. For a sports fan, this alone is enough to justify the cost. The first time I paused a football game to take the dog out, and saw a kick return for a touchdown that I would have otherwise missed, I was hooked.

B) Seeing shows I wouldn't otherwise get to see. I never would have gone out of my way to watch a show like "30 Rock" without TiVo, but now I'm hooked. It's excellent. There's also a ton of good movies that TCM shows overnight.

C) Watching shows when I've got the time. I was pissed off when the moved "Lost" to 10. I'm usually in bed by 10:30. Now I can just watch it the next day.

D) Seeing MORE shows because I'm zipping through commercials. If I've got three house of television time on the weekend, I can now get through about 4 hours of actual TV time because I'm not sitting there through the commercials. Excellent!

After six months of living with TiVo, I don't think I could ever go back to not having it. It's that good.

1 comment:

Joel said...

And if you think you love it now, in the not too distant future you'll learn that it is pretty much the only way you can survive. Nothing like the ability to play "Finding Nemo" 63 consecutive times, and still be able to see the Red Sox game in its entirety after bed time.