Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mark

We spent last weekend in Ogunquit (one of my favorite places within a few hour's drive of here). Mark was our waiter at a relatively nice restaurant Saturday night. He was the aging hippie type. Thin, longish hair, late 40's. Slight southern drawn (maybe South Carolina-ish). He was both waiting on us and tending bar at the same time, although he didn't really seem to have the attention span to be doing both.

When delivering our shrimp cocktail:

Awww man... Those are AWESOME. I ate like 12 of them this morning when I was doing my prep work.

While dropping off Jen's dish (vegetarian ravioli):

Awww man... That's my FAVORITE. I get that all the time here.

It wasn't until we were walking out and I actually looked him right in the eye that I noticed how bloodshot his eyes were. But it totally explained why everything we were ordering sounded so good to him. Whoa.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Jonathan's?

Aww Duuude, that's like my favorite!