Thursday, June 29, 2006


I went to Fenway on Tuesday night. It was the best game I ever saw in person.

On a beautiful night for baseball, I saw:

A reunion of the '86 Red Sox team before the game.

Two home runs hit by the good guys.

Manny throw a guy out at the plate.

A woman two rows in front of me pass out.

One of our most promising young arms pitch well in a game that felt much closer than it actually was.

A two minute standing ovation for Pedro between innings. When he popped his head out of the dugout for a wave, I got a little goose bumpy.

2 comments:

CraniumBoy said...

Wow. I don't really relate at all to that, and I'm not sure why. I mean, I don't even like going to shows any more because I hate sharing the experience with my fellow show-goers, and I certainly can't get into the sports experience. I think I'm a misanthrope.

Patrick said...

That's because you're a goddam commie.