Monday, November 22, 2004

A tale of two puppies...

I spent Saturday morning at the animal shelter walking the dogs. Most of my time there was spent with the full grown black lab male and the black lab and pitbull mix (and other mystery dog) female puppy. I have a serious case of black lab envy at this point.

The big dog was a lot of fun. He was the biggest purebred black lab I've ever seen, but he was good about stopping when I gave his leash a yank. Being a male dog, he had to stop and pee on everything, even when he was completely out of urine ("Dude... You're not even peeing anymore... You're just lifting your leg..."). I can't imagine he'll be there next week when I go back. Somebody must be missing this dog.

I had a blast with the puppy. She was probably about 6 weeks old. You'd never believe me if I told you how cute she is. She's got the lab type body with a shorter face. She wanted to be independent, and felt the need to sniff everything as we walked around the building. But she would also look back every few minutes for reassurance. She wanted to do stuff on her own, but she wanted to know there you were still there with her. There's a slim chance she'll still be there next weekend.

Sigh.

No comments: