Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Is nothing sacred?

I believe one of the hardest things in life is maintaining excellence.

With that in mind, "The Matrix Revolutions" was incredibly disappointing. Without giving too much away, I just didn't feel like I cared about any of the characters they chose to focus on (except when Hugo Weaving was on the screen... Man, that guy is good).

The Wachowski's MUST have known how big a turd the script was when they started filming it. The whole movie felt like a first draft of something. Shame on them for not asking for help if they were out of ideas.

As disappointed as I was with "The Matrix Reloaded" at the time, that thing looks like a masterpiece in retrospect.

They really had a chance to do something good, too. They created a pretty interesting universe with the first two parts of the trilogy, but they just couldn't finish it. Instead, 25 years from now, people will look back and think, "Wow... THAT could have been a lot better".

I had such a bad taste in my mouth afterwards, I had to go watch "Rushmore" just so I could like movies again.

No comments: