Thursday, September 18, 2003

"Chicago"

(at the risk of this turning into my movie review page, here's another movie related contribution...)

I was dragged to see "Chicago" while it was still in the theaters. It actually wasn't horrible.

The audience, however, WAS horrible.

We saw it on a Saturday night in Warwick. The theater was packed.

There were 5 or 6 late 40's - early 50's upper middle class housewife types right behind us. They felt the need to have full volume conversations throughout the movie.

Now, if it had been a movie I was trying to pay attention to, I probably would have been a lot more upset about the whole situation. As it wasn't my nine dollars and 25 cents, I just kinda crouched down in my seat and laughed at things.

Some of the comments:

Oh! She's going to kill him!

Was she pregnant while they were filming this?

I really liked my Oldsmobile, but they're not going to make them anymore.


I nearly lost it when one of came out with "You know who would have been better for that role? John Travolta."

People suck.

No comments: